UPDATE (9/11/18): I updated the listings, and also noted some nonvegan vegetarian options to help people understand the options
DCA has always had a couple of acceptable vegan options, but it's been getting a lot better over the last year and I just had to write something to list it all. Note that I'm not counting stuff like getting snacks at newsstands.
Here's an interactive map showing the exact location of each good vegan-friendly option within the airport including links to menus etc where available:
Before Security (you CANNOT take chili or noodle soup bowls through security, but you CAN take the vegan burger with chili, a burrito, or sushi):
- Ben's Chili Bowl: vegan chili, vegan burgers, vegan chili fries, non-vegan hot dogs
- Matsutake Sushi: veggie sushi, noodle bowls, etc.
- Qdoba: decent burritos and tacos
- Terminal C:
- &pizza for pizza with vegan cheese, vegan beef crumbles, and tons of other fancy vegan toppings.
- Others: Wow Bao has a vegan rice bowl ("all vegetable") and some non-vegan bao (stuffed buns); Five Guys has no veggie burger and non-vegan buns.
- Terminal BC:
- Taylor Gourmet whose Lehigh sandwich is a beautiful thing combining roasted cauliflower, white bean hummus, spicy red pepper sauce, and arugula.
- Lebanese Taverna has falafel sandwiches and salads, hummus, and more.
- Others: Big Bowl has a vegan tofu / veggies option, Smashburger has a non-vegan veggie burger, and Magic Pan has a couple non-vegan vegetarian crepes.
- Terminal B:
- Cava Mezze: has hummus, falafel, salads, etc. (vegan menu).
- Others: Good Stuff Eatery has a nonvegan fried green tomato burger