Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Odd Mushy Cassarole

I had four or five yellow squashes. Not a huge fan of yellow squash in the first place, I have to admit, so I decided to shred & disguise the squash in a tofu-based casserole. They leaked out so much water when they cooked that the casserole is more like a spread...it has the texture of a soft boiled egg. Its not great, but not horrible either. I think the better plan would have been to chop them and some carrots up, fry up some onion in margarine, then add the carrots & squash and possibly add a cheese-esque sauce to it. I was trying to use up stuff in my fridge though. In that I was successful, but this is giving me the 'you will have to freeze me because you will get tired of me and my not that good weirdness'. If only I had black salt, maybe I could make it seem like a soft boiled egg and eat it on margariney toast? I need that and a cherry pitter, since I just bought two containers of cherries from Trader Joes on a whim. I feel a cream cheese cherry danish coming on...but no time to actually bake! Sigh...